Thursday, April 20, 2006

Food for Thought

Sometimes I come across something totally unrelated to my blog but nonetheless related to my many ancillary interests. Or else, something so unusual or interesting, I need to put it somewhere, lest I lose it.

This post is a collection of such random pieces. First, I followed a link from Milliner's Dream to a slideshow of sculptures by Ron Mueck. They were so grabbing that I googled him and spent a good 20 minutes seeing what else I could find. A sample show of his works is visible here.

Then there is this project by an art student at UM. I have no idea what it's about but again, I spent nearly 1/2 hour exploring it. (note: to interact with the pages, you have to click the "INFECT" link. It does not literally infect your computer, but rather takes you to the table of contents, which somehow describe a fictional genetic mutation -- or cosmic disturbance? -- that infects life on earth.)

For a total time waster, how about virtual paper dolls? For those of you who never had the Barbie style head (or whatever you called that thing that you could put makeup on and style the hair of), go to the "Makeups" section. There you can change the hair, eye and lip color of such notables as Charlize Theron and the Olsen sisters.

For beauty, enjoy these photos of individual snowflake crystals.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

That's how I put all those links on my site--was Googling Ron Mueck after seeing just the one pregnant sculpture from only one view.

WOW.

Hh

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Amazing links... time waster? Nah, too neat to be a waste of time!
K

11:01 AM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I love when I surf. I never know where I end up, but it is usually a wonderful adventure.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home