Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Cataloging Challenge

I just learned from her beautiful post today that the Yarn Harlot is also a doula. This throws my whole blogroll categorization into question. And what of the Canadian bloggers I link to? Should I have a separate "Canadian Blogs" category? I may soon separate out knitting blogs into their own category, but I could have Canadian Knitting Doula Blogs. What about that?

The decisions, the decisions. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Incidentally, my camera is still in the shop so I can't show you the baby blanket and Baby Hooded Cardie I'm working on. But I'm pleased with both. I gave the hooded poncho to a former client for her daughter's first birthday before I could get a photo of it but she's promised to send me one. That was my Olympic medal-winner.

update: I used the camera at work and snapped these shots of the Hooded Cardie in progress and the pattern's view of the finished product (from last month's Creative Knitting, which doesn't have permalinks).


Notice that I'm up to the armhole on the front left panel. The back is already finished. Now I'm seeing that it is more challenging to knit in pieces, where the distance between the bottom trim and armhole has to be the same on the two pieces that will be joined.

2 Comments:

Blogger gnarly nanny said...

that's so cute! i love the color your using, it's gonna be adorable :)

7:10 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Thanks, GN. I like the color, too. It is for a friend who is adopting a baby from China.

I spent 45 minutes last night ripping out stitches when I realized I was decreasing on the wrong side of the fabric.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home