Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hospital Haiku

When one of my clients went in for a Cesarean delivery, the hospital staff pointed me to the recovery room and said I should wait there. It was nearly an hour before the mother was wheeled in. During that hour I was completely alone in this large room with curtained recovery bays. Bored, I wrote the following:

Prodromal labor
Occiput posterior
Cesarean birth

***

Right now I could steal
thermometer probe covers
and bulb syringes

***

I could also test
my blood for glucose levels
with this kit I found

***

"vacuum oxygen"
"place sharp horizontally"
words on every wall

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I LOVE THIS!!!

Write more!

Birth haiku. Doula haiku. Mommy haiku.

Hh

12:36 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

That is awesome.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home