Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wanting What You Have

This morning as I was walking (walking! not sitting in gridlock traffic listening to morning radio) to work (work! employment when Michigan's economy is tanking; a job I really enjoy; a job that permits me a flexible schedule so I can take my children (who are beautiful and, for the moment, healthy -- no bird flu, no leukemia, no drug abuse problems, suicidal tendancies or any of the other scary things I worry about) to school and day care), I was aware despite the cold of what a gorgeous day it was. The sun was out, birds were singing. Daffodil and tulip leaves were starting to push up through the dirt. And when it couldn't get any better, my spouse (spouse! I have a lifemate, a partner, a kindred spirit) caught up to me on HIS walk to school and we had twenty minutes to walk and talk together.

I am feeling extremely fortunate and blessed today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

What a wonderful post...and such a good reminder. I had a pretty good start to my day, too! (New baby--great birth!)

Hh

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Days like that are good aren't they?

Sarah

11:51 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

How wonderful to walk to work! Sometimes simplicity is all we need.

~Deb

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home