Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What about ventriloquists' dummies?

A coworker forwarded this to our staff as rebuttal for our making fun of her fear of clowns. She's not alone apparently.

Certainly as doulas we have to work at not assuming anything. Just because your past six clients have liked foot rubs does not mean this one does. Women love to labor to Enya...except for those who prefer Eminem or Nine Inch Nails. That's why we're trained to ask lots of questions.

...And to leave our white face paint, red noses, and kinky blue wigs at home.

p.s. Anyone else out there ever have bad dreams about the clown in Poltergeist? That's the one that got to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

The 'It' Clown (I think that's it) freaks me out. We have a stuffed chicken mascot in a leotard that my daughter cannot handle (I've got it put away for a special occasion in the future)

That is a scary photo!

3:32 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Oh. My!

I didn't know what you were talking about Kniterella, so I googled "It" clown. If others want to creeped right-the-freak out, check out the clips here:

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=6690

Wuh!

9:38 AM  
Blogger doulicia said...

hey -- I thought the clown seemed familiar. I looked on IMDB and guess who it is? Tim Curry.

Dang! I love(d?) Tim Curry.

9:40 AM  
Blogger DudeMan said...

HeHe.. I love how you tie doulaing into fear of clowns.. only you could do it, do it gracefully, and have it make a heck of a lot of sense!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole D said...

that was really weird... I wondered why my dh's name ended up on my comment - he never signed out of his account. Sorry!

8:39 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

For some reason, I'm glad you left that comment and not your husband!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home