Monday, January 14, 2008

What I've been knitting lately

My Christmas present from the cosmos was getting gauge for the Snorri sweater. I had tried it on the recommended size needles, plus up and down a size, always being a little too large or too small. And because this is my first foray into cabling, I didn't want to have to worry about any pattern modifications.

Once gauge was achieved (with size 10 bamboo needles, BTW, where size 10 Bryspuns had left me cold), the knitting just rolled beautifully along. Despite the fact that I'm making size XL, I have already finished the back:



and am on to the front.

For those cableholics in the audience, here's a little closer-up view.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That is absolutely beautiful and your work is fabulous!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Louisa said...

Those are some mad cable skills!
Wow!

8:44 PM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

This cableholic thanks you VERY much for this fix. It looks fantastic!! Yay for gauge.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Damn woman! That is gorgeous! You make me want to quit my job and run home to my needles right now. But then I couldn't afford the yarn...

1:35 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

GORGEOUS. and YUM!!!! That is going to look so awesome. Go, you!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Shells said...

It is fantastic! I am a cable lover and cableholic. I always say I am gonna stop but as soon as one cabled sweater is off the needles, another is begun.

Do you absolutely spread it out on your lap and admire the lovely lines frequently? I hope so, it is part of the thrill of making cables.

2:55 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Shells, how did you know? I DO spread it out to admire the cables (and to make sure I haven't goofed).

thank you all for your enthusiam. I'm feeling rather enthusiastic myself. And flattered: "skills," morag? Honestly.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home