Thursday, February 09, 2006

roundup

There are a few little things I want to post about but none really merits its own post, so here they are:

1. Ann Arbor's City Council voted to approve a "Breastfeeding in Places of Public Accomodation" ordinance last week. They have to vote on it a second time to make it official. It remains to be seen how this will affect the YMCA's prohibition on breastfeeding and other food/beverage consumption in the pool.

2. Britney.

3. Researchers have identified a gene that can produce a 24-fold increase in SIDS risk for African American babies. The good news: the gene's action can be mediated by drugs. The bad news: this only explains about 5% of SIDS cases.

4. My client? The one who's due today? No baby. She's in early, early labor, has been for a few days. But nothing imminent.

[photo roundup]

5. I love this excerpt from a photo I took at the birth a few weeks ago, the one where the baby arrived just as the midwife entered. This is as far as she got with putting on her glove!



6. My olympic gear. Games begin tomorrow and I still haven't found the right sized needles. Apparently I'm a very tight knitter (no surprise to those who know me, I suppose...how could anything that comes from my hands be loose and easy?), so I've moved past the suggested size needles and the next size up. Tonight I swatch with size 17 needles and hope they're right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They had an interview on CBC radio this morning with the woman who "invented" the knitting olympics - very interesting story. Good luck with your project!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

OMG, you're making swatches? I'm VERY impressed! I can never force myself to make swatches. I suppose that's why nothing I make ever fits.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home