Monday, February 06, 2006

Knitting Olympics: I'm in

Not only that, I'm on Team Canada, thanks to the generosity and inclusiveness (would you expect anything else from a Canadian?) of team captain Kelly. Here is the e-mail exchange we had to determine my eligibility:

"On 1/23/06, doulicia wrote:
I am a Candianphile or whatever you call someone who loves Canada. I sing my kids to sleep with the Canadian National Anthem, I observe Canadian Thanksgiving, and I know today is election day. I even know your top 3 candidates (Harper, Martin, Layton). The U.S.'s politics are completely embarassing and I'd love to affiliate with Canada instead. For the knitting olympics that is. May I?

From: Kelly
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:11 PM
To: doulicia
Subject: Re: Can I join Team Canada if I'm American?

Hi doulicia! Of course you can :) Once the CAL blog is set up, I'll be sending out a mass email with directions on how to rego for it. That way you can show off your project.
Kelly
ps -- I know Canadians you know less about our country than you seem to. You should move here! :)"

Do I need more invitation than that?

Mind you I began knitting in January and have yet to finish a project (though the scarf I started for my son is nearly done). In typical bite-off-more-than-you-can-chew fashion, I have decided to try this for my first real, i.e. with directions and a gauge, project:



Am I inviting a nervous breakdown, or what?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Remember why you started this (in part to knit at births while holding the space...) and remember that it's all "pain with a purpose." (Birth and learning to knit...right?) :)
Hh

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home