Wednesday, January 25, 2006

And now for something completely different

Let's talk about men in drag. Men dressed as women. I love it. There can be something quite sexy about it, with the right person. Or it can be the funniest durn thing you've ever seen. I suppose, going deeper, and especially for men who make a living dressing as women, in less than high-end clubs, there is probably a lot of psychological turmoil and sadness. But given my psyche right now, I'd rather focus on sexy and funny.

Without further ado, I present my list of the Top 10 cross-dressed/transsexual men:

10. Milton Berle



9. Dana Carvey as The Church Lady



8. Will Ferrel as Janet Reno



7. Terence Stamp in Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert (If I was 20 years older...)



6. Boy George



5. John Goodman as Linda Tripp



4. Eric Idle as any woman



3. Billy Crudup in Stage Beauty (Meow!)



2. Barry Humphries as Dame Edna



1. Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter (Damn!)

5 Comments:

Blogger T$ said...

I loves me some Billy Crudup.

You forgot Johnny Depp in Ed Wood!

And now that I know you like men in drag, you simply must see Hedwig and the Angry Inch. SOOOO good. I have a copy I will lend to you. Also one of my friends is in the movie (Miriam Shor who is really a woman who plays a drag queen in the movie. Very confusing I admit.)

T$

Ps. Hoping the induction goes well. Thinking of you both and sending good vibes.

12:23 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

I didn't see Ed Wood. But I love Johhny Depp, so now it's a Must See.

Thanks for the well wishes (and the Hedwig tip, too...It was on my list initially and then fell off somehow).

12:35 PM  
Blogger T$ said...

I also adore the entire cast of Kids in the Hall when they are in drag. Particularly Dave Foley as any woman, and Scott Thompson as Queen Elizabeth!

T$

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also Eddie Izzard! Very sexy transvestite. He does a bit about it in one of his stand up routines, but I don't remember which one...

11:57 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

How about the guys (girls, I mean) from "To Wong Foo"...?!

Hh

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home