Monday, January 30, 2006

My Manic Energy

Maybe it was sleeping in until 9:30 yesterday (my parents took the kids overnight). Or maybe it was happiness over the last birth. Whatever the reason, I've been thick with manic energy lately.

At one point yesterday I had laundry in the washer and dryer, the dishwasher running, two pots of soup cooking, bread dough rising, and yarn piled on the kitchen table as I planned my Knitting Olympics project (photos to follow soon). I even practiced a few Kegels for good measure.

Despite all that, I was fretting about all that wasn't getting done: job applications, an agenda for the fundraising committee at the Center, reading the usual pile of notes that came home from school with my son Friday, and all the projects at my regular job.

Let's home my next client (due in a little over a week) delivers while I'm still riding high and not after a crash!

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Remember you're on call ("yes, mother," I can hear you saying) and you need to reserve some energy, get sleep (in case you're awakened in the middle of the night), etc.

Hh

9:31 AM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Good point. I'm counting on this next birth being quick, since her first was less than eight hours. But that's no predictor, I realize. Thanks, Mom, for the reminder!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home