Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Meme of Fours

Thanks to T$ for the tag. Sorry it's taken me so long to do this.

Four Jobs I Have Had:

1. Babysitter: includuing the children of our local morticians; they lived over the funeral home, which meant I was upstairs with dead bodies below...very creepy to a high school student. Oh-- and one time they picked me up IN THE HEARSE. I was mortified.

2. Freelance lawyer: I worked for several different firms writing briefs, taking depositions, etc. as needed. Everything from criminal defense to medical malpractice to contract disputes.

3. Newspaper staffperson: again, for our small town weekly newspaper when I was in high school. I wrote articles, took photographs, developed film, used the half-tone camera to get camera-ready art, laid out the paper (old skool style: with typeset copy and wax), took the paper to print, put labels on the paper when it came back from the printer (by hand), inserted the grocery story circular (again, by hand), and dropped bundles of papers at local businesses around 1:00 a.m.

4. Assistant to the Dean for Recruitment: at MSU's James Madison College. I met with prospective students on-campus, traveled to college fairs and individual high schools in the metro-Detroit area, and did academic advising for a group of 35 first year college students.

Four Movies I could watch over and over:

1. The Big Lebowski (the only DVD I own)
2. Amadeus
3. The Royal Tennenbaums
4. Chicago

Four [three, really] places I have lived:

1. Milan, Michigan (18 years)
2. East Lansing, Michigan (6 years)
3. Ann Arbor, Michigan (13 years)

Four places I have vacationed:

1. Costa Rica
2. Texas (by car!), including Big Bend National Park
3. Wasaga Beach, Ontario
4. Nantucket (with very rich friends who owned a "summer home" there)

Four TV shows I watch:

1. The Simpsons
2. Arrested Development
3. Rick Mercer Report
4. Scrubs

Four Websites I visit daily:

1. The UM jobs web page
2. The Panopticon (at least since I started knitting I visit it daily)
3. The UM directory (for work)
4. Weather Underground

Four favorite foods

1. ice cream
2. popcorn
3. smoked salmon
4. tapas

Four Places I would rather be:

1. the hospital (with my doula client who's due tomorrow)
2. home (in bed, reading...napping)
3. getting a massage
4. at an indoor water park with the family

Four people I am tagging with this meme:

1. Mark Maynard (who will not do it but whose responses I'd love to see)
2. Sarah the Doula (who's relatively new to blogging AND is a doula AND is Canadian)
3. The Mommy Blawger (who needs one more thing to do besides care for her new baby)
4. Inland Empress (as a "thank you" for leaving a comment here)

AND I'M ADDING A CATEGORY:
Four charities I wish I could give thousands (millions?) of dollars to:
1. Doctors without Borders
2. The Center for the Childbearing Year
3. CarbonFund.org
4. Save the Children

4 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I tagged Sarah with this a few weeks ago, but don't think she's done it yet! She mentioned in a blogpost she'd get to it--so maybe this will spur her on. ;)

Hh

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'll add it to my list.... I'm not promising anythng, but I'll try.

-MM

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll play... in my blog. :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger The Mommy Blawger said...

Got it... I'm working on it!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home