Monday, March 24, 2008

Penny Simkin ROCKS!

Whether you know Penny as a friend and mentor or have never heard of her, you'll appreciate this profile of her life and her work as founder of our doula movement.

I had the honor of attending one of Penny's sessions at a DONA conference several summers ago. She is amazing. I find myself wishing I could have her combination of gentleness and strength. She is the sweetest, kindest person. But when she talks about the rights of laboring women, you hear ferocity in her voice. I have no doubt she'd be a graceful and effective advocate.

It was such a welcome, upbeat read on this Monday morning. I hope you enjoy it too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great article! And hey, she's a Swattie! :)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Penny. What a wonderful woman.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home