Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Commitment part II

A few weeks back I wrote about some commitments I'd undertaken. Here's a little update.

1. I have begun the Clapotis for Briar Rose Fibers. (nice colors, eh?)


2. I am halfway done with the Clementine Shawlette.


3. I finished the Dexter-Ann Arbor 10K race with just-under-nine-minute-mile averages. It didn't feel like a great race. I'd felt much better running my 6.3 mile test the weekend before. But I finished and in a respectable time. I was in the top 20% for my age group, top third overall. From a field of nearly 1500 people, I have to say, that ain't bad.

4. I didn't mention this in the last post but I have a doula client due this month. Just waiting for her to give me The Call.

Also, I just celebrated my birthday. It's not a commitment of any kind, except, I suppose, that I took myself for a pedicure as part of a commitment to be kinder to myself.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger buttercup said...

It may not have felt like a great race, but to me it sounds like it was. Congrats on the finish.

I can't wait to see the Briar Rose Clappy. I don't get to see Chris till she's at Rhinebeck. :(

Happy Birthday! Hope it was, and continues to be, great!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday!

Is your Clementine out of BR too? Anyway, it will be nice to see the pictures.

Buttercup will need so much Briar Rose by the time Rhinebeck rolls around that she'll have to take a moving van!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy birthday! Clementine looks great, and I love the yarn you're using for the Clapotis.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Happy belated birthday.

I did a clementine shawlette and it came out great. Love the pattern.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it about knitting...the way it can move us along, distract from other things. both it and your running impress me; the urge to exercise is a discipline i wish had been encouraged in my life.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy belated birthday Alicia!!!! I just got a chance to catch up on the blog.......ooooooo, you're going to love the Clementine! It takes just a bit of steaming and it comes out wonderful!!!! That Clapotis is a mystery to me..........

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home