Thursday, May 17, 2007

Footb-aaaaaaah-th

I poured my heart into a footbath last night. It was for the friend of a former client. The client had so loved her footbath that she wanted to give one to her pregnant friend. It was a very sweet idea, though I'd never been approached to offer my services piecemeal. The client and I negotiated a price and off I went to her friend's house, my wooden bowl and aromatic oils in tow.

I was worried about establishing rapport with someone and making her comfortable with my rubbing her feet on such a short timeline. I needn't have worried.

The woman was home alone when I arrived. We got her situated on the couch with enough pillows to support her back while her feet reached the floor. Then it was a warm soak with lavender oil, salt exfoliation, old skool foot and leg massage, and corn meal rub for blessings on the journey.

The mom seemed to really enjoy it. Her baby did, too! Even I could see the little wiggler's back rolling around. I have noticed before that babies get especially active during the footbath. I like to think they can sense the mother's deep relaxation. Who knows.

I am hoping to hear a good birth story fr0m the woman in the next few weeks; she's due soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

How fabulous! I found myself relaxing just at how wonderful the footbath sounded. I remember being at that stage and would have loved to experience that.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Bebu said...

Hello doulicia, I have befriended a pregnant woman recently and that sounds like something that she would love! I remember a post from you describing some ideas for foot baths. Could you give me the link or indicate where I could find some more info on that?

Thanks!

9:09 AM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Bebu,

What a sweet idea! I wrote about what I do for the foobath here:
http://doulicia.blogspot.com/2007/01/recipe-for-footbath.html. Also, a nice general resource is Shari Maser's book "Blessingways."

Kniterella, take yourself for that long-overdue foot massage!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I printed the directions and gave them to my husband!!!

Just posted the Lutea modeled pic for you and notes - go for it!

http://thekniterella.blogspot.com/

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home