Sunday, November 02, 2008

More grounded, no less busy

Time flew. My self-imposed hiatus is over. I found four items to flag for my "doulicia fodder" favorites folder. I got my legs under me at the new job (and what a pleasant new place it is!). I saw a doctor about my sore Achilles tendon and received a diagnosis of tendonitis, for which I begin physical therapy this week. I spent a gorgeous evening passing out Halloween candy from our front step and watching bats swoop over our house.

Now, November. A work colleagued had a baby, her first, last week. She called to say everything went "really, really well." I haven't heard the details of what that meant to her, but I am glad for her happiness.

Another colleague told me she was pregnant last week. We have in common a friend, who is also a former client. Small world.

This Friday I'll be going to a fundraiser for the Doulas Care program, our local volunteer doula service for low income women. I'd like to say I'm generous enough to be one of the volunteer doulas. I'm not. At least not for now. But I have served on the board of Doulas Care's precursor organization, and provide what financial support I can.

I'm eager to post and reflect on the issues I flagged. For now, I'm just getting back in the groove. Hi.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

doulicia fodder favorites folder... say that five times fast!

Hi! Glad you're back!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Mama to Monkeys said...

Nice to see you back---again! I hope you continue to love your new job. :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

HI!!!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home