Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Knitting Doldrums

I'm adrift. Casting about from feeble project to half-hearted swatch. For everything I think to knit, I lack either the right yarn or the right pattern.

It could be the post-sweater let-down. Since finishing Snorri in June, I just haven't been able to pick up anything else meaty. This often is the case when I finish a book I've really liked. I can't jump right into another one. I read periodicals or children's fiction instead.

The new house also could be to blame. My knitting time has always been in the evening, on the living room couch, while my spouse watches a ballgame on the other side of the room. In our new house, the TV is in the basement, the couch is in the living room and my evenings are filled with the seemingly endless tasks of getting settled. There are no routines or physical prompts conducive to knitting.

Regardless, the result is this:



and -- yawn -- this:



Do these not scream knitting apathy? "What the hey, give me some yarn...any size needles...leave me alone here to garter stitch..."

The first project is really just playing. A log cabin progression in Noro Kureyon. The second project is some cotton dishcloths using the tried and true pattern and my random balls of 1824 Cotton.

I've also swatched for the start of a sweater for my spouse. But I tried Addi Turbos for the first time and would rather not remember the experience. Needless to say I returned them for some Clover Bamboos the next opportunity I had.

I don't worry this will pass. It just disappoints while it's here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger T$ said...

At least you are still knitting, if it uninspired. I haven't picked up the sticks in a loooong time. And remember that gorgeous briar rose fiber I bought? Still in balls.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home