Thursday, May 15, 2008

New England Road Trip Sweater

A month ago we made a 2,000 mile tour of New England, visiting two of my spouse's brothers and his parents. The visits were fine, but how 'bout all that time in the car? I took the perfect car pattern, Sitcom Chic. It was lots of stockinette stitch, only a bit of counting, and relatively small (for an adult sweater).

New England Road Trip

I knit almost the entire sweater in a week's time! This is certainly a record for pokey-needled me. I cast on and off a sleeve in one day. Amazing.

Better still, I love, love, love the sweater. It is amazingly soft. The color is beautiful. Complete strangers came up to me as I was knitting and commented on the color. It's a spot-on fit. Absolutely no complaints.

korknisse

To boot, I found a button I adore.

New England Road Trip

A friend says it's Edelweiss, which makes me feel better. I thought it was a poinsettia (but had determined to wear it regardless).

New England Road Trip
Pattern: Sitcom Chic by Bonne Marie Burns from Knitty.
Yarn: 7 skeins Classic Silk by Classic Elite in cobalt.
Needles: Clover bamboo circulars, size 6 and 8.
Notes/Thoughts: I followed the pattern except for making the sleeves an inch longer than called for (I have long arms) and using an i-cord edging for the button and neck band.
Also, I learned the consequences of asking one's 10-year-old son to help with photographing knitwear (or anything else for that matter):

New England Road Trip

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this grandma would give that 10-year-old a high five. that's praise for a kid who responds to a mom's on-demand request for something he'd rather not do.

maybe i had to get this far from all the stuff asked of my kids to have this response. you have lots of time! yours, naomi

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, a sweater in one week! Great job. I agree on the button, but any shot of my butt goes in the trash!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Masked RN said...

Beautiful! I'm just now teaching myself how to crochet...Maybe knit someday. But it is slow going for me.. Still clumsy with the hook... :)

5:30 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Wow, it's GORGEOUS. It really looks fabulous on you. Go, you!

8:10 AM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

Wonderful!!
Nothing wrong with that shot - I still see sweater parts in there! Hee heee...to think all the road trip memories are stitched into that now too. Nicely done!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home