Monday, October 08, 2007

Knit Flat Hat


Pattern: Knit Flat Hat from The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville.

Yarn: 1 hank Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies (85% wool; 15% mohair), color 12 (Iris Garden).

Needles: Bryspun circulars, size 6.

Modifications: began crown shaping at 4 inches height instead of 5; cast on 100 stitches instead of 110.

Notes/Thoughts: I love the yarn. This is the first I've ever used yarn with any mohair and I like the little halo it gives. I wouldn't want this yarn for a sweater because of the itch factor, but for a hat, it's great.

The color is also good and not completely represented here. The purples look too blue in the photo. Better representation here.

It was fun and easy to knit. All garter stitch. I've nearly finished a twin to it (same yarn, pattern, etc.) for my Christmas knitting; I think I may keep this one for myself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home