Monday, October 17, 2005

meme

Courtesy of Bookworm: list five of your idiosyncrasies. Do you really want to know this?

1. Scarves and mittens. I was reminded by our recent cool weather that I am particularly sensitive to cool air on my neck and hands. Hence, if it's below about 65 degrees, you will see me with my neck wrapped and hands covered.

2. Parades. I cry at them. Don't know why. Some combination of excitment, pageantry, pride and idyllism (? word?).

3. Vaporizors. The sound, the cool mist on my face. My favorite way to read for fun is with a vaporizor humming and vaporizing right beside my head.

4. Shopping Carts. Still like to ride on them.

5. "Consumer Feedback." I am an incorrigible letter writer, 1-800 number dialer and survey answerer. Recent example: I popped a bag of microwave popcorn over the weekend that took a disasterous turn. I put the charred bag in the trash and the box, with its "Satisfaction Guaranteed" promise and 1-800 number, in my bag to take to work today. My hope is always a coupon for a free product. But at the least I want the satisfaction of telling a company their product did not satisfy. This is not limited to perishibles. I am polishing a letter at this moment to the Milan School Board shaming them for excluding The Chocolate War from the freshman English curriculum. My spouse thinks this is Quixotic (and annoying); I think it is a moral imperative.

I'm tagging Milliner's Dream with this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Oh my God, I think the same thing happened to me. It was Orville Reddenbacher light. I put it in the microwave, was keeping a very close eye on it. Within seconds, the popping had stopped and black smoke was pouring out of the microwave...the popcorn in the bag had turned to a pile of ashes.

Let me know what happens.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I did it!

Hh

6:50 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Very cute...I also need a scarf on my neck when it falls below 65-ish and I totally LOVE the vaporizer experience. Funny, huh!

~Deb

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home