Thursday, August 16, 2007

Not Likin' the Sound of THIS

"[Vince] Vaughn has set in development 'Male Doula,' a high-concept comedy based on his idea..."

No, no, no no no, no NO! It's not that a high concept comedy about birth can't be made (though I have yet to see one). It's not even that male doulas couldn't be made funny. I'm guessing they could. Birth could even be portrayed accurately AND humorously at the same time.

But I gotta say, Vince Vaughn does not strike me as the guy to do it. Instead, what about:

--Steve Martin
--Will Ferrell
--Cuba Gooding, Jr.
--Chevy Chase
--Rowan Atkinson
--DAME EDNA!

Who else? Who would you cast as a comic Male Doula (again, assuming such a role could actually be written well enough to be funny)?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger T$ said...

I would take the entire male cast of 40 year old virgin over VV.

Steve Carell?
Paul Rudd?

I love me some Paul Rudd.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Oh, dear. As a male doula, I am more then slightly horrified at this concept.

If I HAD to choose, though.. Steve Carrell would be a GREAT choice. ROFL!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Ack! "More than" not "more then." That'll teach me to post comments after spending a day running after a toddler and a preschooler.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Cleese?

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the stars are properly aligned, it might be a better show than "menopause, the musical." fingers and toes crossed but dubious.

8:59 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Good suggestions all...Steve Carell and John Cleese are both possibilities.

Matt -- I'm so glad you posted! Male doulas in the house! Please continue to visit (and I'm glad to have found your site, too).

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home