Tuesday, January 17, 2006

When I haven't been on call for six months

Last night because I had the following dream:

I was at the doctor's office with T$, accompanying her while doctors did something to the leg she recently broke. My cell phone rang and my mother was on it saying my doula client called them looking for me and asked me to call her. I said, "What did she want?" My mother said, "Well by the sound of it, she was about to have a baby."

Oh no! I told T$ I needed to leave her there while I went to the birth with my client. But, of course, I'd forgotten where my client lived. More accurately, I couldn't figure out how to get to her house from the clinic I was presently at. Dream geography.

The easy solution? Call her for directions, right? Except that I couldn't figure out how to reveal the address book in my cell phone. What button(s) did I need to push? I tried everything I could think of, but I might as well have been the proverbial million monkeys typing for years until one accidentally produces Shakespeare. I could no more apparate to my client's house than retrieve her phone number. And all the while, I suspected she might be delivering her baby at home, alone.

Tell me dream analysts and friendly readers, could this have ANYTHING to do with the fact that my backup doula is out of commission, I have a client whose due date was Sunday, and I have not been on call since July?!!

I'd ask your opinion of my other dream, the one in which my mother (MY MOTHER!) asked me to give her a foot job, but I don't think I want to know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Methinks _you_ are right on with your dream interpretation. :)

So preparations? Check the cell phone--how to access addresses, etc., keep it charged. :)

Go to bed early--no late nights in case labor begins at 2 a.m., right?

Drink water, eat well.

Maybe it's just a reminder dream on how to be ready. ;)

5:07 PM  
Blogger T$ said...

Anxiety dream? It would be really cool to apperate! You have some Harry Potter seeping into your subconscious!

Hannah is right. Go to bed early! Keep the phone handy. And remember to take care of yourself!

T$

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home