Thursday, July 21, 2005

How many doulas does it take to hold a conference?

I'll soon know the answer. I leave in a few hours for my first DONA International conference in Washington, D.C.

I am terribly excited for the chance to...

...meet doulas from across the country.
...hear from DONA founders Penny Simkin and Marshall Klaus.
...walk through the exhibition hall and look for birth bag additions.
...read "The Life of Pi" on the plane and Metro.
...drink a bottle of wine with my sister, whom I'm staying with.

Am I having my usual pre-flight anxiety that the plane will crash? Yes.

Am I missing my boys already? Yes.

Did I have the conversation with Spouse last night that if I am killed in a subway bombing he must be silly with the boys from time to time? Yes.

Then the trip must really be happening. This isn't just a daydream.

I'll be back on-line Monday to debrief from the weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger T$ said...

HAVE FUN! I am sorry that I will miss it :( NExt Year!!

3:39 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

I will miss having you there. :(

Next year for sure.

af

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sim k in
Simkin

That pesky 'P' seems to work its way in there a lot! Poor Penny ;)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Have a great time! Enjoy the book!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Doulica,

I now wonder if we met? I wish I had realized you would be there.

Hannah
blessedeventdoula@yahoo.com
www.millinersdream.blogspot.com

2:13 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

p.s.

The answer is: 345

2:14 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Anonymous, thank you for the correction.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home