Friday, July 15, 2005

The Network Expands

I was on-line sending out executive committee minutes to the board from our meeting today at the childbirth non-profit I volunteer for. Friends be warned: I am chairing the fundraising committee. You WILL be asked for money. But hopefully in a way that lets you see that your contributions (because why WOULDN'T you contribute? multiple times?) really make a difference in women's lives.

Anyway, too tired to post, I quickly skimmed my comments and was surprised to see a few new names around here. Being a midwesterner, and a sensitive person even among us open-hearted folk, I do not want to offend current visitors (those whose blogs I've put permalinks to, as well as e-friends like PinkLady, Linda, Melissa, anonymous and others I'm too tired to page back through and find).

But when I checked out Mrs. Coulter's profile I saw that's she's a frustrated intellectual -- and a feminist to boot. That last revelation was from her comment on an earlier post here. Anyway, I hope we continue to hear from the frustrated intellectual feminist mother of a precocious one-year-old because I'm guessing you have LOTS to say.

And THEN I saw that the Milliner's Dream is, among other things, a doula! I can't add her right now, but I'm so happy to have another doula blog to visit. Especially since West-End Doula seems to have gone on hiatus (hint, hint) .

Maybe in the morning I won't be as giddy. Fatigue does that to a person (just ask dearest spouse who returned today - halleluja - and fell asleep at 8:30 after being up since 11:00 p.m. yesterday, local time). But at any rate I wanted to welcome Mrs. Coulter and the Milliner's Dream. And remind the rest of you that your thoughts and comments are what make blogging both fun and thought-provoking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Coulter said...

Thank you for the shout-out...now I feel that I have to deliver on the expectation. ;-)

1:37 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

well done.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home