Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life...getting...too...intense...

...must..[gasp]...find...outlets...

Oh, right. I knit. Thankfully.

Among the things on my mental plate today:

  • a friend who goes to the doctor this weekend to learn if she has breast cancer (I learned this today).
  • another friend whose marriage is in a sad and shakey place (learned this Monday).
  • a sibling-in-law's parent who had a brain aneurism rupture 2 weeks ago and is in need of care at a facility during his recovery (and who, coincidentally, lives in Ann Arbor, so we have been enlisted in the facility search).
  • our older son's continuing "reactivity" to any sort of limits on his behavior, including a full-scale blowup last night that left 3 of us in or near tears. I am beginning to consider enlisting professional help and/or medication.
  • not hearing from a doula client who ended up scheduled for surgical delivery this week because of persistant breech. Is she just too busy to communicate with me or have I let her down in some way?
  • 11 years ago today I had the ultrasound that revealed our first son's developmental problems. The Thursday before Thanksgiving always has this sad association for me.
I'm also not particularly motivated at work. I don't know if this is SAD starting, or is related to all the above crap. Blech. No wonder my fingers are itchy for yarn...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cooler*doula said...

Ah.

That is a full mental plate you have there.

I say buy the yarn!

3:50 PM  
Blogger k.thedoula said...

I second a yarn purchase... something especially for Doulicia! I re-read your post of Loss... shed a tear or two, for all who have lost a wee one.
Here is hoping for lots of sunshine in your neck of the woods.
And of course best wishes for your client... ugh breech babies... sigh.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a big hug ((((((((()))))))))))))
And hoping everyone comes through with the best health possible.
Hope brighter days are on the way.

2:49 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

I'm just catching up on blog-reading and just read this post (and the one you linked to discussing your first child's death). I am so sorry for your loss, and for the associations at this time of year.

Sounds like a full mental plate indeed. Definitely good thing that you're a knitter. See you soon!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home