Monday, November 26, 2007

Belated Blogiversary to Me

All month I was thinking the 30th was my blogiversary, but no. I peeked back at my November 2004 posts today and see that the 30th was (not surprisingly!) my LAST post of that month. The first, which I'd have seen if I'd bothered to scroll down a few months ago, was November 10.

So let me reflect for just a minute on what this blog has been for the past 3 years and 16 days.

I started this blog because I was a relatively new doula, fresh from my eigth doula birth. I had lots of birthly things in my head and no regular forum for venting them. I wanted to talk about birth things with other like-minded folks.

Coincidentially (or cosmically), my seventh doula client had a blog. I became a reader and fan. I began toying with the idea of starting my own blog. doulicia was born. (Actually "doulicia" was born when other former clients dubbed me that.)

It has been what I hoped it would be. I have written about, explored, challenged my thoughts on birth and reproduction.

For the (few) long-time readers who came for the birth content and have endured the increasing level of knitting content, I apologize. But I also think that trend isn't going to go away soon. Above all, a blog is about personal expression, not obligation. If I had to write only about birth, I'd stop doing it. I like it that I can write about both.

Plenty of other bloggers have written -- and far more eloquently than I could do -- about the changing relationship of an author to her blog (most recently January One). I won't repeat their sentiments. I'll only say that I plan to keep writing, I don't know what directions I'll head in, and I hope a few of you stick around for the ride.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Peacock Chic said...

well congratulations on the blogiversary!!! Don't worry about your readership, I am sure that readers will come and go as long as the blog content is good.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! (hmm ... I wonder when mine is ...)

Since I'm a knitter and a nurse (and soon-to-be mom), I quite enjoy the knitting content, so my vote is to keep it up! Blogs are always more interesting when they're not hyper-focused on one topic (IMHO).

Oh! If you'd like a blog fodder question, I've got one that I've been thinking about for my delivery:

I've got a midwife, but am considering a doula. What services overlap? Is it worth hiring a doula if one has a midwife? Do you find you normally work well with midwives? Thanks!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! LONG LIVE THE BLOG (in what ever form you like!)

7:37 PM  
Blogger naomi dagen bloom said...

many skeins of good wishes on the anniversary. so glad to find another who views blogmaking with permeable boundaries...more inclusive than exclusive.

keep it up! yours, naomi

btw, love the hat top--whatever it was that you did to get the effect.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Happy blogiversary!

6:40 PM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

We'll be here!! Happy belated blogiversary. I'm so glad to have found you this way, and I'm thrilled you plan to be around indefinitely.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy belated BLOG anniversary!

6:57 AM  
Blogger earthchick said...

A very belated happy blogiversary!!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hypercet Cholesterol Formula can help support and maintain your healthy cholesterol levels already within the normal range. This formula is designed to work with and assist your normal body functions to help maintain optimum health.
Cholesterol is being talked about a lot these days, and almost all the reports are confusing. They make “cholesterol” sound like a really bad thing to have. They don’t tell you that your own body manufactures cholesterol in the liver.

All natural herbal supplement formulated to naturally increase the size, shape and firmness of women's breasts. It is specially manufactured with over thirteen unique herbs to assist in the development and natural growth of a woman's breasts. Breast Gain Plus natural enlargement offers a non-surgical solution to attaining fuller, bigger, firmer breasts with the help of a balanced combination of safe, all-natural ingredients.

Stress, anxiety and weight loss formula Relora® Max is a natural proprietary blend of a patented extract of Magnolia officinalis and a proprietary extract from Phellodendron amurense. Relora® was developed as an ingredient for dietary supplements and functional foods that could be used in stress management and for stress-related appetite control. This patented blend of plant extracts is the result of screening more than fifty plant fractions from traditional plant medicines used around the world. Relora® has excellent stress management properties without causing sedation.

If you have any kind of acne, even very severe acne, there is nothing you will find that works better to clear your complexion than our revolutionary Natural skin treatment Acnezine solution! Acnezine is all-natural and scientifically formulated to treat acne from the inside out. Practically everyone has to deal with acne from time to time. It's not because we eat chocolate. It's not because we don't wash our face enough. In fact, washing too vigorously can make acne worse!

No Prescription Necessary! You can have realistic gains in just a few weeks. Thousands of Satisfied Customers Worldwide! Complete penis enlargement pills that is Laboratory Tested! Do you want a bigger penis? Do you want to pleasure your partner every time? Do you want your penis to be hard all the time? If you are serious about enlarging, strengthening and developing your penis naturally, then you have finally found what you are looking for.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home