Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Meme alert (8 Secrets About Me)

Navelgazing Midwife tagged me (I'm flattered!).

Rules: People who are tagged need to write in their own blog these rules & the eight things. At the end of the your blog post, tag six people and list their (blog) names. Leave a comment on their blog telling them they've been tagged and encourage them to read your blog.

1. I have never smoked anything. Not even one cigarette, not even a puff.
2. I have always wanted to show up at a job interview in my 1986 prom dress (Gunnie Sax, southern belle era) just to see folks' reactions.
3. If I could sing well I would be pursuing a career on Broadway (there is the theatrical in me).
4. I scream very loudly if startled. Just ask my spouse (my parents, my sons, our newspaper delivery man...). ED: I just screamed right now: lightening hit close to our building and the thunder was sudden and very loud!
5. My maternal grandfather was an old-school Baptist minister in Alabama.
6. I am atheist.
7. I was a big skinny-dipper in college: the Red Cedar River, the fountain pools in front of the library, various apartment swimming pools (so I was a trespasser, too).
8. I take a 10 mg. daily dose of Lexapro (for anxiety); it works beautifully. Hypochondriacs of the world take heart!

SIX people?!! That's a lot. O.K., let me see:

Brown Berry
Doula Matt
The Little Red Hen
Sandy D.
Radical Doula
A Little Bit of Suburbia

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

HOORAY for Lexapro! So nice to know I'm not the only one ;) Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. It really makes me happy to be connecting with doulas across the country!

3:20 PM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

Cool! Consider me tagged...now to get working on my 8.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Was thinking of tagging you for this same game, then I saw the NM got you. Oh well. Nice to come read your stuff! I'm a new doula blogger, but look forward to sharing my stories with fellow sisters. Come visit me at: http://blossominbirth.blogspot.com/

1:33 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for the tag! My answers are up on my blog.

And re: Lexapro. I'm on Ativan, and it works beautifully for my anxiety, too. Hurray for meds that work!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

You are the sweetest! Thanks for tagging me and I will definately get to writing when I get back... I took Lexapro for a year for anxiety/depression worsened by post partum! I really liked it (odd to say I liked a medication, but it changed my life). There's another random similarity we share. I'm about to go visit The Weaving Works here in Seattle and hopefully pick up a drop spindle (exciting!).

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home