Friday, December 15, 2006

Functional again

Well.

First five days of virus that kicked my butt, then a 3-day conference in Chicago. Now I have a choice cold courtesy of both boys. I can only hope this is the last of it before Christmas.

So what's new out there? I've tried to visit the usual blogs, but it's been hard with the slow home modum connection and lack of computer at the conference.

With me:

1. I'm meeting this weekend with a new client. Actually a repeat client, but this is the first time we're meeting for this pregnancy.

2. I have been very negligent in following up with my two October clients, both of whom still have dishes of mine I haven't been by to pick up yet. It is so hard to get out in the evenings or weekends when that's the only free time one has. I'm beginning to realize that my old (i.e. before spouse got a job) schedule, which had me home one Fridays, gave me a lot of latitude with postpartum doula visits. Now it all has to happen after work or on the weekends. And THAT means asking the spouse to do more solo child care.

3. I'm happy to see confirmation of what I've been hearing and observing first hand: epidurals adversly affect breastfeeding. Paricularly those epidurals with fentanyl. I understand it's possible to create an effective epidural without it. Perhaps this evidence will justify a new recipe for the epidural cocktail. I can say that the 3 clients I've had whose breastfeeding experiences were horrible, particularly with latch issues, were all women who were on extended (8+ hours) epidurals.

4. Knitting: soon a WIP and FO post. Just gotta upload photos.

I sincerely hope this is the start of a new blogging groove. Thanks for those who visited and left encouraging comments.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see you back in the swing of things. daughter-in-law was just talking about meeting with her doula. she's due january 6. stay well.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home