Friday, November 03, 2006

This time, it's personal

What could be better to a worrying hypochondriac (not that I know any) than a website that gagues your risk of disease based on your answers to nutrition, lifestyle and family history quesions? Exactly.

Head to www.yourdiseaserisk.com, a Harvard University project, and be prepared to learn not only where your risk level is, but what you can do to improve it.

However, much as I want to lower my risk of ovarian cancer, I will not be having my tubes tied.

Enjoy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cooler*doula said...

Oy. So my risk of breast cancer is very high. Mostly because of choices like having a child later, having only one, due to an abscess not breastfeeding for a year...

Sigh.

That was sobering. I needed a jab in the ribs to make me take better care. Thanks. Vegetarian me for the rest of the weekend, and perhaps beyond...

8:04 AM  
Blogger k.thedoula said...

I should be dead shortly. I don't even get "risk", I get it period.
Cancer will get me, it is just a matter of time.
So chin up cooler doula, I've been breastfeeding for the last five years on and off, doesn't make a difference with me. Though I was considered "old" with my first child at 29... snort.
Interesting, my father took the test (end stages of cancer) and it told him that he had many years left.... just leave out those pesky oddball cells.
As always neat read!
k
*going to send an e-mail soon from the pathologist friend.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home