Monday, October 16, 2006

My Solemn Vow

No matter how long it has been since I have purchased yarn,
nor how convenient the store is to my son's karate dojo,
nor how close to my home;
despite the fact that it is the only store in a 20 mile radius to carry Mission Falls 1824 Cotton,
even if I desperately need needles to start or finish a project,
I will not, I WILL NOT, patronize a yarn store that broadcasts conservative talk radio through its store speakers.

It spoils the yarn karma forever and condones the owner's insanity
stupidity
message of fear and hate
participation in the American Fascist movement
viewpoint.

Which I don't happen to share.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger T$ said...

Yikes! This was the one store in town that I had not been to yet. Looks like they have lost 2 customers...

T$

3:00 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

The good news is that i heard the Very Chatty Woman at Busy Hands doesn't work there any more. If so, I may start going there again...

9:53 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I've always had a bad feeling when going into that store. Maybe this explains it. Previously, I just thought it was the personality of the manager. (I guess they could go hand in hand).

1:14 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

She's no delight, either. I agree.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home