Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Update part II

Sorry. I should probably just split my knitting off onto its own blog. But my book blog is floundering as it is. A third blog would really tank.

On the occasion of my younger son's fourth birthday yesterday, I took a few photos of the sweater I'm making for him. It's based on this pattern from the Spring Knit It! issue:



Having a son who is infatuated with all things "rescue," I am modifying the motif to an ambulance and changing the color scheme to gray, red and white. On the back of the sweater, which is as far as I've gotten so far, I'm putting a big red cross like the aid workers wear. He will either love this sweater or have moved on to superheroes by the time I finish it!



I'm pleased that the sweater includes my first attempt at fair isle knitting as well as intarsia.



I've decided I'm fairly fearless as a knitter. I enjoy the challenge of new techniques and have yet to see something that seems too hard to try.

I wish I could have that attitude about all aspects of my life!

p.s. The cardigan is finally dry. I just need to get buttons sewn on it. That necessitates a trip to the fabric store, unfortunately, which means it could be weeks before I actually finish the darn thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

How did I not know you had a book blog?

Hh

12:38 PM  
Blogger The Mommy Blawger said...

Hey, I have a book blog, too.

I have made myself a rule - I can only have as many blogs as I have babies. I'm thinking there's at least one more in there...

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home