Sunday, May 21, 2006

Not above Tooting My Own Horn

I ran a 5K race today and was pleased to clock a finishing time of 26:48. It was good enough to put me just barely in the top 10% of finishers overall and ninth in my age group. It did not put me in the studly company of the 69-year-old woman who ran 9:48-minute miles or the woman ten years my senior who ran it a full six minutes faster than I. But for someone who wasn't sure if she would finish in less than 30 minutes, it was enough to keep me chattering happily for the full ride home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

CONGRATS! You inspire me!!!

I think there is a good reminder in running and marathons. I use the analogy in my childbirth classes often.

Hh

9:37 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Yes. And conversely, birth is a great metaphor for distance running (which a 5K is admittedly not!).

Thanks for your congratulations. I think "inspire" is far too generous a word!!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home