Wednesday, November 30, 2005

You Look Just Like....

In finding the link for my last post, I came across this one about celebrity doubles. In high school I was told I looked like Elizabeth Shue. More recently I occasionally hear Hillary Swank (no doubt from her Boys Don't Cry stage!).

Who are you a celebrity double for?

p.s. In rereading this I see that I appear to have no argument with others' favorable assessments of me. While it is always a pleasant surprise to be told you look like someone famous and not unattractive, that does not mean you actually look like said person. So let's agree here that if you reveal your celebrity double identity, no one will hold you to proving the association or qualifying the resemblence in any way (such as I feel compelled to do here). And, for the record, I've also been told I have a "turned up nose" like a Barbie doll, a "snaggletooth" (which I do and which I refuse to let the dentist correct because, as I tell him, it adds character), and a body like a boy's. Doesn't sound much like a movie star, does it?

10 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I have only a couple of times been told I look like someone else--usually someone the commenter knows...a sister, a cousin, etc. I looked A LOT like another woman at our old church years ago...same hair cut and color, similiar face shape, same glasses. The other woman's son, several times, as an older toddler would run up and hug my leg and look up and scream. (I didn't think I was THAT ugly!) ;)

Only once I was told I looked a bit like Ellen Barkin, and the person produced a photo of her from some movie that looked a bit (key word: bit) like a photo of me in right right light.

'nuff said.
Hh

4:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy, R.N. said...

When I was much younger, I was told I looked like Tatum O'Neal, back in the "Little Darling" days. Lately, I just look like me.

But apparently I sound like every one. I get mistaken for many other people on the phone by their own relatives.

W. :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

When I was a kid, Melissa Gilbert (Laura on the Little House TV show).

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I have red hair, I get told fairly often that I look like Anne of Green Gables or Sarah Ferguson. I've also been told Jennifer Grey (of Dirty Dancing) before she had a nose job.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Marie Osmond. We both had toothy smiles and similar hairstyles way back when.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I tagged you!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back when I was thinner, I used to get Christina Ricci a lot. Yeah, we both had dark hair parted in the middle. *rolls eyes*

I did this Face Recognition Thingie and it said Carrie Ann Moss! Second choice? Joaquin Pheonix and Johnny Depp, of all people (60%). It's a good thing Julianne Moore came in next at 50%, or I would have been worried.

The first time I tried I used a different, slightly older pic, and got Catherine Deneuve. I don't even know who she is. At least most of the results for that pic were girls.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I tried the face recognition thingie at Ahavah's blog and it gave me one "match" one photo I submitted (Jeanne Moreau) and with the one above, it gave me ROBERT REDFORD!!! There is NO WAY I am as good looking as RR!!!

Hh

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a teenager, people always told me I looked like Kristy McNichol, who at the time was playing Buddy on the TV show "Family." I'm here to say I've outgrown that stage!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my younger days, I was told I looked like Mel Harris (Hope on Thirtysomething) but I think it was really more that I was the same *type* if you know what I mean. Now I just look like myself. :)

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home