Monday, November 07, 2005

I am thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis smart!

I went for my flu shot Saturday. The first (and only other) flu shot I received was two years ago. My arm was in serious pain for three or four days thereafter and tender to rotation for another two months. I don't know that the injection was to blame for the extended pain, but I held it responsible.

Anyway, this year I decided to get immunized again. When I went in for the shot, I asked to get it in my thigh instead of my arm. The difference between my running-developed quadriceps and my puny deltoid is significant. The nurse had to check with her supervisor, but was permitted to do it.

IT DID NOT HURT A BIT! I only felt the tiny poke of the needle. No burn of medication, no days of soreness.

I am a genius.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

You are! We gave them Friday in deltoid muscle in the arm, but using one of the thigh muscles especially in a thin/very thin person is MUCH better.

Hh

1:13 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Ooooo, I'm gonna pass this insight on. You are a smarty!!!

~Deb

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home