Monday, October 03, 2005

More news from the world of midwife education

Last week I vented about my personal frustration with the particular nursing program I have access to. It is good to be reminded that there are many nurse and nurse-midwife programs out there, and people are getting great things from them.

This year the Frontier Nursing Service celebrates 80 years of operation. Originally founded to train midwives and other health care professionals to work in truly rural areas, it continues its distance teaching and learning today. The midwife who caught my younger son did her schooling through FNS. There's a nice profile of of the organization and its history here.

As European midwifery programs continue to protest the admission of men, one Spanish student, enrolled in England, conveys a true midwife spirit as he witnesses his first birth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could I ask that you include me as a newbie in your next Grand Rounds.

Many thanks

Insider

http://pharmagossip.blogspot.com

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home