Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Honorary Birth Support Dream Team Member #3

It's been a while since I've added anyone to the roster. If you wish, you may read about members #1 and #2.

Member #3 is of a different ilk altogether.



It has been 25 years since Terry Fox ran his marathon of hope to raise money for Cancer research. I hope I am not the only person who remembers this young hero (twenty-five years! I'm getting old!). As a Canuckophile and a runner, I really can't be more inspired.

Though he never accompanied a woman through labor, I think he knew something of the courage and endurance involved.

2 Comments:

Blogger T$ said...

I totally remember him! And anyone who has run a marathon understands labor. good one.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I definitely remember him--(remember I'm 44 now) and admire him alot.

I had a similar thought about Lance Armstrong, watching the Tour de France. My husband is a mountainbiker and a road cyclist. We watched the Tour avidly and I am fascinated with Lance's drive. I think if he and Sheryl Crow, his girlfriend, have a child, he will also be an awesome (and actual, not dream) labor support person.

Hh :)

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home