Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Iron, Depression and Honesty

Busy at work today; I promised myself I'd be a "good" worker and not get distracted by the internet.

Then I just happened to stumble across this announcement that researchers have linked iron-deficient anemia to postpartum depression.

And that reminded me of this sad illustration of the risks of untreated postpartum depression. (if you can't view the article because it's password protected, let me know and I can e-mail it to you).

Which made me glad to see that doula Kristina is helping her clients talk honestly about their postpartum feelings and fears.

I feel like my posts have been negative lately, which I don't like. I'm trying to look for happy birth news out there. I know it occurs hundreds of thousands of times each day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home